Chesterton AFC ran out 15-0 winners on Saturday following an emphatic performance against Cirencester and District opponents Sherborne Harriers.

Following on from opening day victory against the holding champions Intel, four goals from George Peare and a hat-trick for Mitch Stone ensured a second three points in as many weeks for Chezzie.

Peare opened the scoring after just five minutes following a fine pass from eventual Man of the Match, Matt Lammond. He tucked the ball into the back of the net before Stone added a second just three minutes later, thanks to another well-worked Lammond assist. Beating two men as he moved towards the box, he played a pass through to Stone, who slotted past the ‘keeper.

After a dominant ten minute spell of possession, more goals followed. Stone recorded his hat-trick with two goals either side of Will Power’s successful strike from the edge of the penalty area. Joe Stratford then finished from close range, before a long-range Peare free-kick beat the goalkeeper at his far post.

Lammond would go on to score his only goal of the game with seconds left of the first half to give the visitors an eight goal advantage heading into the break – a scoreline that could have been greater, had it not been for a number of dubious missed penalty calls.

Chesterton started the second period flat, but content in possession. However, the arrival of the second half substitutes sparked the game back into life.

After Dave Seales’ arrival in the 50th minute, Peare grabbed his hat-trick. Seales then got himself on the scoresheet, courtesy of a tidy finish after a well-placed cross from wing-back Aaron Perry.

More changes followed, with Danny Bishop and Chris Linnell entering the fray, as did the goals.

Brad Robinson broke down the left flank to release Seales who netted his second strike, just two minutes after his first. Then, Perry’s tireless work down the right wing continued to reap its rewards, as he set up Peare for his fourth.

Lammond would then assist Kieran Jones, before Perry, once again, provided Peare with a pass for his fifth goal of the day.

Second half substitute Bishop then rounded off the scoring after latching onto a through ball from Stone. After being denied by the ‘keeper at the first attempt, he played the ball beyond his reach with his second effort.

Despite a relatively quiet afternoon, special mention must be given to ‘keeper Ryan Heaven and the back three, Dan Jones, James King and Brad Robinson, who kept their concentration throughout 90 minutes to ensure a first clean sheet of the season.

[event_performance 238]

Leave a Reply